thankful thursday: signs of spring
In Celtic times, spring – Imbolc – started 1 February.
Our calendar says it begins on 21 March – but that date looks very different, depending on whether you live in Seattle or Naples, Houston or Boston.
For us, spring means lacrosse. And AP exams. And the greening of our garden.
Today, I am thankful for:
- the end of lacrosse season (for as much as it is exciting, it is also exhausting)
- the tremendous season Kristina’s team had: they moved up to Varsity DII, and they made the playoffs
- having a successful pasta feed on Monday night (before their playoff game on Tuesday) with 20 lacrosse players, a coach, and a few exhausted parents who should have been wearing ear defenders
- acknowledgement: Kristina was named to First Team All-State for Varsity DII by the high school girls’ lacrosse coaches in Washington
- accomplishment: AP tests are finished for this year – Kristina wrote three and is relieved to be done
- the lilacs in our garden are blooming, soft and fragrant, despite being in too much shade
- the Bellevue Farmer’s Market opens today
Wait… I think that last one is truly a sign of summer. But it’s raining, and I’m wearing a turtleneck to ward off the cold. So spring it is.
listening to: Antonio Vivaldo, The Four Seasons, Spring Allegro