I’m a recent lurker fan of Carrie Jones’ blog and in her post today I saw a theme I can totally join. Karen does Love Thursday, and many photo bloggers at Aminus3 do Silly Tuesday; Holly does Funky Friday, and Jolie does Monday Moments. Me? I have just been trying to get stuff posted on a semi-regular basis.
One of my long-time favourite blogs is Scott’s Attitude of Gratitude. Scott is a Friend of Bill, an artist, and a wonder at finding the blessings in life. He shares inspirational quotes he finds, and I like the quiet peace of visiting this site.
I practice gratitude. For both mundane and extraordinary things, and in-between things. When we sit down to the dinner table, we join hands and give thanks, sometimes for surprising things. On occasion, this surprises our guests, but everyone – every one – goes with it, joins hands, and smiles when we are done.
It fills the heart to give thanks, to notice and acknowledge the gifts of daily life.
So, on this, Scatterbeams’ first Thankful Thursday, I am grateful for:
- The return of the sun to the Pacific Northwest, and the sound of children playing outside in the evening
- The robins who are using the barn swallows’ old nest
- Allergies that did NOT flare up in the storm of golden pollen dust falling from the trees this week
- The upcoming SCBWI conference I will be attending this year, and that attending said conference prompted me to make decisions about the opening of my novel (so that I could participate in a first pages workshop with editors and agents – pages mailed off earlier this week – go me!)
- The fact that I have so much support for my writing – my ohana is made of awesome
- The gift of musicians who devote their lives to craft, art, and sharing
- Carrie’s inspiration
I like this trend. What are you grateful for today?
listening to: Yo-Yo Ma, Dona Nobis Pacem (Give Us Peace)